Flea and tick remedies for pets .ru
Ticks, fleas and other parasites can make your pet's life unbearable. Therefore, it is important to know what means from fleas and ticks to use in order to protect the dog and cat quickly, easily, effectively, and for a long time to forget about the problem.
What flea and tick remedies can I use?
Krka has developed the drug Fiprist Spot He - drops at the withers that can save your dogs and cats from fleas, ticks, lice and lice, as well as Fiprist Spray. The active substance of both drugs is fipronil.
What remedy for fleas and ticks to choose: drops or spray?
We focused on these means of protection against fleas and ticks, since both of them (and drops on the withers of Fiprist Spot On and Fiprist Spray) have a number of the benefits:
- Kill parasites (fleas, ticks, lice eaters) at all phases of their development. In addition, drops are used in the treatment of ear tick (otodectosis) and entomosis.
- Protect a dog or cat from fleas and ticks for a long time (up to 5 weeks).
- Easy to use.
- Convenient dosage. Dosage options for drops from fleas and ticks: 0.5 ml 0.67 ml 1, 34 ml 2.68 ml 4.02 ml. The flea and tick spray is available in 2 dosage options: 100 and 250 ml. This allows you to choose the dosage in accordance with the type and size of your pet.
- A prescription for the purchase of the drug is not required.
But there are differences between them. We have compiled a table that will help you make a choice, which tool will suit your pet more: Fiprist Spot He or Fiprist Spray.
Fiprist Spot He (drops from fleas and ticks)
Fiprist Spray against fleas and ticks
How long does it protect?
From fleas: 2 - 2.5 months.
From ticks: up to 1 month.
From fleas: up to 3 months.
From ticks: up to 5 weeks.
From fleas: 1.5 months.
From ticks: 15-21 days.
From fleas: up to 40 days.
Where to apply?
On the street or in a well-ventilated area.
How to apply?
Drop from a pipette onto the skin at the withers.
Spray all over the body.
When does a flea and tick remedy begin to work?
After 24 hours.
From the moment of application.
|Who is it suitable for?|
Cats and dogs older than 8 weeks.
Cats and dogs older than 7 days.
Are there any contraindications?
Dogs weighing less than 2 kg.
- Drops from fleas and ticks easier to use, application takes less time, they can be used throughout the year, applied anytime, anywhere.
- But if you urgently need to go, for example, to the cottage, and you can’t wait a day until the drops begin to act - use spray and calmly go with the dog to nature.
- Also flea and tick spray It’s worth choosing if your dog or cat has babies and you want to protect them from fleas and ticks, without waiting until they are 2 months old, or for a small dog (weighing less than 2 kg).
- The rest is a matter of personal preference, what exactly to use: drops of Fiprist Spot He or Fiprist Spray.
How to apply funds from fleas and ticks?
Drops from fleas and ticks Fiprist Spot He
Drops are extremelyconvenient to use: applied to the skin of the animal using the pipette included in the kit. Pipettes vary in dosage depending on the weight and type of your pet.
Application of dropsfrom fleas and tickstakes only 1 minute and help to forget about the problem for a long time.
Must complete 3 easy steps:
- Pierce the tip of the pipette with an inverted cap.
- Spread the pet's hair on the back (between the shoulder blades).
- Click on the dropper to apply flea and tick drops to one or more points. Remember that your pet's skin must be dry and not damaged. The drug is not applied to damaged skin!
Within 48 hours after applying the drops, refrain from bathing the pet and do not let it into the water.
Everything is simple and easy! And your pet is protected.
Repeatedly, the dog or cat can be treated as necessary, but no more often than once every 3 weeks.
If you missed the date of the next processing, it’s okay. In this case, apply drops from fleas and ticks as soon as possible, do not change the dosage.
Fiprist Spray against fleas and ticks
Fiprist Spray against fleas and ticks is also quite easy to use. The processing process includes 7 easy steps:
- Choose a ventilated room for processing or treat your pet outdoors.
- To prevent the dog from licking the spray, put a muzzle on it. For the cat, you can use a special collar.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly.
- Keep the flea and tick spray bottle upright 10 to 20 cm from the animal’s hair. Pressing the spray head, treat the entire surface of the cat or dog’s body against hair growth, moisturizing the coat slightly.
- Covering the pet’s eyes, spray with its chest and ears.
- Put on gloves, apply a little preparation to your fingertips and rub the flea and tick spray into the area around the eyes and nose of the dog or cat.
- Until the coat is completely dry, do not let your pet in to the heating devices.
Do not bathe your pet 2 days before applying the flea and tick spray and within 2 days after treatment.
How to treat otodectosis (ear tick) in dogs and cats with drops from fleas and ticks?
To treat otodectosis (ear tick) with drops from fleas and ticks Fiprist Spot He, follow these steps:
- Place 4-6 drops of fleas and ticks in each ear.
- Fold the auricle in half and massage it lightly - this way the drug is evenly distributed over the ear.
- Apply droplets from fleas and ticks remaining in the pipette to the skin of the dog or cat between the shoulder blades.
Safety measures when treating a pet with flea and tick products
- When treating a dog or cat with flea and tick remedies, follow the general rules of personal hygiene, wash your hands with soap after processing.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during processing.
- Within 24 hours after treatment with flea and tick remedies, do not pet the dog or cat and do not let the children do this.
- If Fiprist Spot He or Fiprist Spray gets on your mucous membranes or skin, remove them with a swab and then rinse with water using detergents.
- If you accidentally swallow a flea and tick remedy, drink a few glasses of warm water, an absorbent and consult a doctor if possible. When contacting a medical institution, take along the instructions for using the drug - this will help you more effectively.
How much are the funds for fleas and ticks (drops and spray) in Minsk?
Means for fleas and ticks Dosage Price Fiprist Spray 100 ml (1 bottle) 34.75 RUB 250 ml (1 bottle) 58.67 RUB Fiprist Spot He is for cats 1 dropper 11.40 rub. Fiprist Spot It for dogs weighing 2 - 10 kg 12.53 rub Fiprist Spot It for dogs weighing 10 - 20 kg 12.94 RUB Fiprist Spot It for dogs weighing 20 - 40 kg 14.67 RUB Fiprist Spot It for dogs weighing more than 40 kg $ 16.33
The price is indicated on September 22, 2017. Actual prices can be viewed on the website http://dv.ru/
This article is advertised.